There are two types of students admission in Universitas Brawijaya, National and Mandiri (own entrance test), where each type has certain selections. For complete and latest information on UB student admission, you can access selma.ub.ac.id
Starting on 2013, SNMPTN (National Selection of State Universities Admission) is a national selection based on academic achievement, using report grade and other achievements, without written test, and free of charge. For complete information on the schedule, registration method, and other things, see the official site of SNMPTN: http://snmptn.ac.id
SBMPTN (Joint Selection of State Universities Admission) is a national selection based on written test/skill examination, with registration fee that must be paid by the applicant.
Mandiri, or Independent Admission is an admission method held independently by UB. This year, UB will also hold independent selection, with details to be confirmed.
For more information please visit http://www.selma.ub.ac.id or contact:
Kepala Bagian Akademik UB
Jalan Veteran Malang 65145 (Gedung Rektorat Lantai II)
Telepon (0341) 551611 dan 575777 Pesawat 117 dan 118 atau Langsung (0341) 575754
Fax. (0341) 565420 dan 575813, E-mail: baak_at_ub.ac.id.
What is International Student Admissions :
- International Student Admissions is the process for non-Indonesian Citizen / non-Indonesia Permanent Resident students to seek admission into mainstream regular or international programs in University of Brawijaya (UB).
- Admission of international students into mainstream educational programs of UB is subject to availability of the program vacancies, the student meeting the faculty’s admission criteria and the student’s successful application of a Student’s Pass (STP) from the Immigration
Eligibility for Admission :
- You will be regarded as an international applicant if you do not hold Indonesian citizenship.
- To be able to get admission, candidates must demonstrate good academic competence which is proven with high academic merit. International applicants should apply directly to Universitas of Brawijaya by submitting a set of necessary documents (see the flow chart of admission procedure). International applicants are generally not required to sit for the entry test for admission unless a special condition occur. The eligibility for admission is based on a desk evaluation carried out by the UB’s admission test committee on your academic achievement.
- International applicants must meet the academic, language requirements and commit to comply with particular regulations of Indonesian government related to education policy in order to apply for a degree at University of Brawijaya.
Under-graduate Program Admission :
- Admission to under-graduate program requires a good academic performance in high school or college.
- For international under-graduate program applicant should demonstrate English language proficiency minimum International TOEFL (ITP) score of 500 / IELTS overall score of 5.5
Post-graduate Program Admission :
- Admission to Master program requires a good Honour at Bachelor’s degree or equivalent and in the subject or related discipline.
- For Doctoral program, candidate must display an excellent record and capability in conducting academic research. UB is fully committed to the scientific advancement. Applicant for Doctoral program holding international publication are preferred.
For further information about International Admission, please contact: